I hold the following credentials:
- Board Certified and Registered Art Therapist (ATR-BC), #01-181, Art Therapy Credentials Board
- Licensed Clinical Professional Art Therapist (LCPAT), #ATC 100, Maryland State Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists
- Licensed Creative Arts Therapist (LCAT), #000766, New York State Education Department Office of Professions
- Registered Expressive Arts Therapist (REAT), #R139, International Expressive Arts Therapy Association.
I received my masters in arts (MA) in art therapy from The George Washington University in Washington DC and my bachelors of arts (BA) in psychology and studio art from Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York. I completed a doctorate in philosophy (PhD) in social work and social administration from The University of Hong Kong through the Centre on Behavioral Health, which specializes in holisitc practice by integrating Western psychology and clinical practice with Chinese philosophy, as well as, Traditional Chinese Medicine and health practices. My research focused on the application of art therapy as a means of promoting empathy for discrimination reduction and social change.
American Art Therapy Association (Professional Credentialed Member)
- Ethics Committee (2011 – 2016, Chair: 2013 – 2016)
- Multicultural Committee (1998 – present, Chair: 2003 – 2005)
- Honors Committee (2008-2010)
- Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association – Journal Review Board (2015 – present)
- Art Therapy: Journal of the American Art Therapy Association – Book Review Editor (2010 – 2014)
Hong Kong Association of Art Therapists (Professional Member)
- Consultant to the Executive Committee (2009 – 2014)
International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (Professional Member)
For a list of my courses, research and publications, please go to my Teaching page.